25 August 2008

The Fleet

Let me tell you a bit about the fleet. This should not be seen as hubris gone wild. Better to look at it all as a publicly-visible psychological profile. If the car tells you something about the owner, then the cars should say even more. So, I'll just ramble off the list – and over the next few entries, I'll tell you how they came to be part of the extended Verde fleet. So here we go:
  • 2005 Ford GT – yes, the 100-year anniversary re-creation. I had to have this car. And will soon explain why.



  • 2005 Porsche 997S Cabriolet – The supercar you can drive everyday (and, notwithstanding my PAFE - wait for it, wait for it), I do.



  • 2005 Prius – I waited 8 months to take order of this Gen2 model. It's a modern miracle.



  • 2005 Lexus SC430 – My wife fell in love with it the day she saw it and smiles every time she drives it - (except it needs a manual transmission).



    Other fleet auto-detritus:

  • 2000 Lexus LX470 – The SUV that has been relegated to dorm trips and dog carrying. Nothing else. Nothing.
  • 1998 Subaru Forrester – my daughters car - a new college grad with an art degree. Enough room for portfolio.
  • 1995 Volkswagen Jetta – #1 son's car, entering college this fall, drives this one.
  • 1989 Saab 9000S – other #1 son's car, bought when he was 18 months old and he sat in the back in a child seat. Now he's the owner and driver - off in college.

So, there you have it. Surely worthy of the term 'fleet'. Two are not stay-at-home cars – residing with our nest leavers. But they're returned on a regular basis for wrench and oil work brought to you by this blogger. Also worthy of further detail. You'll get it. Promise.

No comments: